Research provides students the opportunity to work alongside faculty members on a project.
In this position, students learn and develop skills such as, but not limited to: critical thinking; data collection; and, analysis of information from different sources.
Barrett works with all ASU schools and colleges to identify and match students with research opportunities as early as their first year in multiple fields of study. Below are opportunities specific to students of Barrett, the Honors College:
- Barrett College Fellows Undergraduate Research Program
- Mayo Clinic Special Research Student Appointment
- HonorHealth Research Program
- Student Program for Healthcare Engineering Research and Education (SPHERE)
In the search for research opportunities, students are encouraged to visit:
- Handshake, navigating to the Jobs tab and typing ‘research’ in the search box
- Student employment job search, selecting Search On-campus Jobs and viewing positions that are labeled as, but not limited to, Research Aide, Academic Research Support, Lab Aide
- E-newsletters, the Honors Digest and Internship + Research Roundup
Additionally, students are encouraged to connect with the following individuals to learn more about research opportunities:
- Barrett’s internship team
- their Honors Advisor and Faculty Honors Advisor, and
- Other honors students.
For ASU Faculty
ASU faculty can promote research opportunities to students of Barrett, the Honors College by emailing Alexandra Aragon at Alexandra.Aragon@asu.edu with information about the research opportunity.
Once the opportunity is approved, it will be promoted to Barrett students through e-newsletters, the Honors Digest and Internship + Research Roundup, and direct email to students in specific majors.
Barrett, the Honors College has funds available to support research and research-related activities. Students can receive up to $1000 to support work on their honors thesis or creative project. Additionally, students can receive up to $1000 for other research or creative activities such as travel. Please see the links below to explore opportunities.